Watermelon Arugula and Feta Salad
This one couldn't be better- it's easy, refreshing, and nutritious. Make this for your next bbq or when you're looking for a light dinner. This Summer salad is perfect for serving up using your MJP Gathering Bowl!
Recipe inspired by: Ina Garten
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed and chilled
- 12 oz crumbled feta
- 6 cups baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. If not using within an hour, store the vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator.
- Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.